A tea party in Albuquerque at the Downtown Historic Bed and Breakfast is an event you will not soon forget. You will be served on a collection of unique antique china, silver, white linen napkins, and table clothes . Also, weather permitting, we can set your tea up in our beautiful backyard, complete with fountain and a variety of flowers and vegetation surrounding you. It is the perfect setting for your ladies' club event, book club luncheon, small bridal or baby shower, or just to get together and enjoy a special time with your friends. We ask that you call ahead or email for reservations.
We can accommodate 15 to 25 people for a tea inside either the Heritage House or Spy House. If you want to do a garden tea, we can accommodate up to 30. The size of your party does effect where we can accommodate you. When you call to reserve we can discuss what facility will best suit your needs.
Afternoon tea can be served at the Downtown Historic Bed and Breakfast anytime between 12-4. We will allow you and your guest at least 2 hours to enjoy your tea.
Food and Tea
At the Downtown Historic Bed and Breakfast, we take special care in planning the items we serve you. Below is a sample menu:
- Egg Crostini with Caviar and Chive
- Open Face Cucumber Sandwich
- Shrimp Salad in pastry Puff Dough
- Open Face Prosciutto Finger Sandwich
- Deviled Ham and Asparagus Lady Fingers
- Lemon Scones
- Raspberry Butter
- Clotted Cream
- Chocolate Raspberry Bunt Cakes
- Stuffed Strawberries with White Chocolate Creme
- Petit fours
- 3 varieties paired with each course
The menu is occasionally changed to incorporate foods that best fit the time of year. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions when you reserve your tea so that we can accommodate them. If you would like to find out the menu at the time, you can call or email.
15-20 Guests = $35 per person
20-25 Guests = $30 per person
(tax/gratuity not included)
- Reservations need to be made at least 2 weeks before event
- Need to have exact number of guests attending 1 week before (this will be amount charged for event)
- A credit card number will be kept on file when making reservation
To reserve your "tea date & time" please call Kara Grant at: 505-238-9881