The month of May is an incredibly special time of the year. The 14th is a day to celebrate all mothers everywhere and the amazing influence they have on our lives. Take your mom on a date for this special day to celebrate her and to spoil her because she deserves it, or chose from this list! Below is an array of ideas you can choose from if you need ideas on how to celebrate with your mother on this special day!
- Maybe you would like to go to brunch at her favorite restaurant or perhaps have afternoon tea at the St. James Tearoom
- Have a movie night by watching your favorite mother-daughter movies
- Perhaps you would like to have a baking day with your mom and make all your favorite treats. Relax afterwards by watching your favorite show and snacking on your creations
- If you both like crafts, spend the afternoon by creating scrapbooks of your favorite memories together
- If Mother’s Day specifically does not work, book a reservation at a restaurant or attend another event over the weekend where you can be together and have fun
- If you don’t live in the same area, send her a message or give her a call and send her flowers or another gift
- If you aren’t able to be with your mom on this special day, take someone you know who has recently become a mom out to lunch to make her feel appreciated!
We hope you’ll take some of these ideas into consideration as you decide how you want to celebrate this Mother’s Day.
Written by Kalli Edminsten
Steve and Kara Grant
Downtown Historic Bed and Breakfasts
Your Downtown Bed and Breakfasts Hosts