Tomorrow is Father’s Day which means it’s time to celebrate! There are a variety of options of when it comes to what to do this Father’s Day. Fathers play a tremendous role in our lives. One of my favorite memories of my dad is when I was about five years old. My older brother and I climbed on top of our barn when we weren’t supposed to be up there. My dad came home from work at the exact same time and my brother hopped down before my dad could see him. My brother was trying to coax me down off the roof and I couldn’t get down. I started to cry and my dad came running from his car after he pulled into the drive way and heard the noise. Instead of getting on to me for doing what I wasn’t supposed to, he lovingly helped me down and hugged me until I stopped crying. Dads are the best. Celebrate fathers everywhere for their role in our lives.
Below are some ideas we have for you if you are looking for ideas on where to go or how to celebrate.
- Go for a hike – If your dad likes the outdoors, perhaps you could take him up the La Luz trail for the day, visit the Petroglyphs, or the Biopark Botanic Gardens.
- Take him to a concert – If your dad is into music, he might enjoy a concert! Try http://www.cabq.gov/culturalservices/biopark/zoo/events/fathers-day-fiesta-at-the-zoo
- Go out to lunch or dinner – Take him to his favorite restaurant to celebrate
- Play golf or mini golf – This is a fun idea for all occasions, what better way to spend the day with your dad?
- Go to a baseball game! – If your dad loves sports, “Take,,, him out to the ball game!” and watch an upcoming Isotopes game!
Have a great day with your dad!
Written by Kalli Tidwell
Steve and Kara Grant
Your Albuquerque Bed and Breakfasts Hosts
Downtown Historic Bed and Breakfast