Celebrate our nation’s freedom! Have some fun with family and friends by watching fireworks and having a cookout!
This is a time to relax and enjoy lake trips, go camping or hiking, or just relax at home and have a small get together!
If you are looking for some family patriotic crafts or maybe keeping an eye out for dishes you would like to make on this day, follow the directions to make this craft or make the fun snack to share!
Fourth of July Craft –
You will need:
- Three Kerr Jars
- Red, white and blue paint
- Plastic silverware
- Paint each jar with one color
- Tie with the hemp
- Place your silverware in each jar and use them at your cookout!
Patriotic Dipped Pretzels –
You will need:
- Pretzel rods
- Dipping chocolate (red, white and blue)
- White sprinkles
- Melt your white hardening chocolate in the microwave
- Dip your pretzel rods in the white chocolate about halfway up the pretzel
- Lay on wax paper to dry
- When these are dry, melt your blue melting chocolate in the microwave and dip the tips of your pretzel rods in the blue chocolate
- Lay pretzels on wax paper to dry again and sprinkle blue tips with your white sprinkles
- Once dry, melt your red hardening chocolate and drizzle this over the white part of the pretzel rods to resemble stripes
- Serve at your barbecue and enjoy!
Written by Kalli Edminsten
Steve and Kara Grant
Downtown Historic Bed and Breakfast
Your Albuquerque Bed and Breakfast Hosts