Shortly after Steve and I were married I had someone give me a LARGE zucchini. This totally delighted be because growing up zucchini bread from fresh zucchini from the garden was my favorite. However I did not have a recipe and at that time we didn’t have a lap top computer to do a quick google search – yes this was over 25 years ago!
So I picked up the phone and called my grandmother to ask for her zucchini recipe. So right there on the phone she told me the ingredients and the temperature to cook in on, after all this was all I needed.
I immediately set to work grating the zucchini to make my Fresh Zucchini Bread. I could taste my grandmothers zucchini bread as I was working on it. Needless to say this Zucchini was big enough to make about 12 loaves!! I wound up freezing most of the loaves and using them to share at work, church or dinner with friends – they were the perfect hospitality gift!
So here is the recipe my grandmother gave to me over 25 years ago transcriped straight from the original scrap piece of paper I wrote it on when I was on the phone with her.
- 3 eggs – well beaten
- 1/2 C. Oil
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 3/4 C. Brown Sugar
- 2 C. Grated Zucchini
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 15oz. can crushed pineapple
- Preheat oil to 350
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well
- Divide mixture between two loaf pans that have been well sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 45 to 50 minutes – when you insert a toothpick in the center of the bread and it comes out clean bread is ready.
- Eat and enjoy