I HAVE to share this recipe with you for the holidays. No holiday is complete without Pecan Pie! My brother owns a pecan orchard so we have tried MANY pecan pie recipes. This is truly one of our favorites. It is not too sweet and has more of a custard flavor to it. It especially helps that we have access to fresh pecans!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2-cup sugar
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cups melted butter
- 1-cup corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 deep-dish unbaked pie shell
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt, butter and syrup; mix well.
- Put pecans in bottom of pie shell and pour mixture over.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- If pie shell browns too much, cover with crown of foil over the crust. This keeps the crust from burning.